Tuesday, January 8, 2013

HAVING IT COMING

Yesterday the Atheist Experience had their first episode of the new year, during which they had one of the best discussions on morality I have ever heard. Here is my favorite quote from co-host Tracie Harris:

"If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That's the difference between me and your god. He watches and says 'I'm shutting the door, and you go ahead and rape that child. But when you're done, I'm gonna punish you.' If I did that people would think I was a freaking monster."

As much of a zinger as this is, there is quite a bit of truth to it. I work on a daily basis with people who were raped as children and I can say it truly would take a monster to stand idly by as such an evil act took place. Preserving the free will of the offender is a poor excuse for such neglect from the one entity in the universe which allegedly could intervene on behalf of a helpless child. God must, therefore, be a monster.

Here is the full video, the relevant discussion begins at 11:45 and goes on for the rest of the hour (some language):


No comments: